The Publisher of the Year Award will recognise an outstanding publishing company that has set a benchmark for excellence in publishing. Entries for this award must demonstrate a high level of publishing excellence (whether in content curated for publishing, quality of editing, or quality of design), innovation and marketing success commensurate with the size of the publishing company, that have primarily occurred during the period Jan 2015- May 2016. An appetite for risk and commercial acumen must also be suitably demonstrated.
Who should enter?
Any publishing company that publishes books can apply for this award. Companies that offer self-publishing services cannot apply for this award.
- Strength of list, as reflected in the subjects covered, quality of content, and critical reviews of books published by the publishing company
- Encouragement of new authors
- Marketing measures adopted and success thereof
- Evidence of steps taken by the publisher that demonstrates industry leadership on key issues
- Measures adopted for commercial success/sustainability of the venture and the degree to which they have been achieved
- Appetite for innovation, risk
- Other industry recognition/awards
Please note that the emphasis during evaluation will be on results achieved and activities undertaken during the period Jan 2015- May 2016. Publishers are advised to fill in their applications keeping this in mind. This criteria has been introduced to ensure that publishers are evaluated on the basis of their recent efforts in publishing.
Submit your application here. Only one entry is allowed per imprint. The entire application must be submitted at one go. Applicants will not be able to “save” their application and resume later. A publisher may not apply for more than 2 imprints.
Alternately you may download the application by clicking here. After completing the downloaded form, you may email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us at:
S-2, II Floor,
Near Menezes Maternity Home (Above Asian Paints Store),
Rua Bernardo da Costa,
Margao GOA 403601
Tel: 98503 98530
Postal entries must be received before the last date of submission. In case you are unable to download the form, email us at email@example.com.
2015: HarperCollins Publishers India Limited
2014: Tulika Publishers, Chennai