This award seeks to recognize the efforts of publishers to develop a children’s book (for a target age group of 0-13 years) that pushes the boundaries of editorial, design and technical excellence within the domain of printed books, making use of available technology to create a book that enriches this genre.
Who should enter?
Publishing companies or self-published authors. There must be separate entries for each title. Entries should pertain only to those books published after 1st May 2015.
- Publisher’s or author’s decision to invest in the book
- Editorial excellence (Texts employed, use of age-appropriate language)
- Quality of illustrations (including its appropriateness for the subject matter and balance with the text)
- The applied craftsmanship, and experimentation, with respect to design and production values (including choices made with respect to layout and typesetting, choice of paper stock, binding and finish, and the quality of the overall design) keeping in mind the nature of the book and its intended use (leisure reading, educational, etc.)
- Contribution of the book towards the enrichment of the children’s book category: Is the book or any of its features worth emulating? Has a standard been set?
Each publisher can submit only 3 (three) entries for this category.
Submit your application here. Alternately you may email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an entry form or download one here. After submitting your form, please ensure that 3 copies of your book (along with the form if you are not submitting your entry online) are sent to:
S-2, II Floor,
Near Menezes Maternity Home (Above Asian Paints Store),
Rua Bernardo da Costa,
Margao GOA 403601
Tel: 98503 98530
Postal entries must be dispatched before the last date of submission.
2015: Disaibon Hul (adivaani) and The Boy and the Drum (Pratham Books)