Printed Book of the Year
This award seeks to recognize the efforts of publishers to develop a book that pushes the boundaries of editorial, design and technical excellence within the domain of printed books, making use of available technology to create a book that enriches its genre.
Who should enter?
Publishing companies or self-published authors. There must be separate entries for each title. Entries should pertain only to those books published after 1st May 2015. Children’s books must not be submitted under this category as there is a separate category for that genre.
- First impression: Is it a book that captures one’s attention, especially when it is place on a bookshelf? Does the cover make one want to look inside?
- Editorial aspects: Is it a “fresh” book or is it one that has been overdone? Do the grammar, style, voice employed in the book make you want to keep reading?
- The applied craftsmanship, and experimentation, with respect to design and production values keeping in mind the nature of the book and its intended audience (including choices made with respect to layout and typesetting, choice of paper stock, binding and finish, and the quality of the overall design)
- Relevance of the book in the present context. Rationale behind the author/publisher to invest in the book
- Contribution of the book towards the enrichment of its genre: Is the book or any of its features worth emulating? Has a standard been set?
The Printed Book of the Year Award will be presented in two categories a)books in English and b)books in Indian languages. The form for both categories is the same.
Each publisher can submit only 3 (three) entries for this category.
Submit your application here. Alternately you may email email@example.com requesting an entry form or download one here. After submitting your form, please ensure that 3 copies of each book (along with the form if you are not submitting your entry online) are sent to:
S-2, II Floor,
Near Menezes Maternity Home (Above Asian Paints Store),
Rua Bernardo da Costa,
Margao GOA 403601
Tel: 98503 98530
Postal entries must be received before the last date of submission.
2015: A Clutch of Indian Masterpieces: Extraordinary Short Stories from the 19th Century to the Present (Aleph Book Company)
2014: Project Cinema City (Tulika Books, New Delhi)